Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring Fever

Spring fever hit me hard this year. Not that we've had an awful winter by any means. I've only had to shovel snow a handful of times (so far), but the warmth of the sun, the melting snow, and company coming has forced me to do things I normally put off until April or May. Like washing walls. Climbing walls. That sort of thing.

I even put a summer painting in the library and look forward to bringing my mom to see it on public display over the next couple of days. I'll make sure to post a picture!

March Break starts this week. The kids will be home, we'll be doing some day trips and not doing so much writing or editing. That's what I've been doing this week. Sending out submissions, getting more rejections for my box, and editing. Keep on Swimming. Dory from Finding Nemo is my idol.

I was abducted by a girlfriend this morning. I was going out to take a long walk. She picked me up and we took a long drive instead. Huge cup of coffee, a road trip, and thou. It was much needed for both of us. I loved every second of it. Okay, so the blog for my writing group was later getting online. And I wasn't exactly prepared for a daytrip, but isn't that what life is about?

Sometimes you just have to be a little flexible and go in whatever direction the wind takes you. That's what I'm learning lately. Life is too short. Splash in the puddles. Go camping and not worry about showering until your stench makes the flowers droop. (Okay, that only happened once. Swimming helps.)

Right now I am surrounded by people with cancer. They have all lived long, rich lives.
I am taking a class about Life Story writing and have a couple of questions: When you look back on your life, will you be writing about how successful you were in business or in life? How will your loved ones remember you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/