Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Keep on Swimming, Keep on Swimming...

I loved the movie "Finding Nemo." One of the reason's I loved it was the character Dory played by Ellen Degeneris and her unforgettable line when things got tough, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming."
Truth be told, that line alone has helped me through a lot of things in my life. It's a constant reminder to not give up.

Lately I've haven't been doing a lot of writing, mostly editing, working and doing physio. I fell and hurt my knee last fall and it hasn't healed properly so now I'm getting help to strenthen it and facing an MRI and possible surgery. My advice: Next time you fall and feel a twinge in your knee, get it looked at asap!

As much as I love hiking and yardwork, slowing down has made me less reluctant to sit at the computer and get my work done. It's also given me time to join in on Wynterblue Publishing's monthly 24 contest, a 24-hour short story contest. I love it. What a great way to spread the creative wings! I was also thrilled to find that I'd been chosen as a runner up in August! More motivation to try it again in September! Check them out at http://www.wynter.ca/

Off to work again. You can bet I'll be humming my mantra for the entire day.
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/