Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Value of Stepping Back

I haven't added anything to my blog in the past couple of week. I've been a bit overwhelmed to say the least. Between editing The Bookstore Lady and learning that Murder on Manitou had been published as an e-book, I was caught in a loop of "what do I do next?"

So I did nothing.

I took a beading class with a friend, went to a movie with another friend, hung out with my kids and broke free from my computer for a little while.
Was I blocked? Nope.
Was I procrastinating? Nope.
Sometimes in life, no matter what path you take, you have to take a step back and breathe.
I revelled in the fact my first book, a novella, was now a published book, I handed out some great bookmarks to promote it and I took a break from some of my regular duties. A minivacation if you will.

Next week, I'll be back at the compute and I'm dabbling with details for The Mystery Lady (Book #2 in a series called Wild Blue Mysteries). In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the little things that will make me write with gusto once unleashed on my novel!

Take a step back. Take a deep breath. Dive in to what you love to do!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/