Saturday, May 5, 2012

In the Face of Adversity

We never know how strong we are or how much drive we have until we are up against a wall.

As human beings, we face many walls in our lifetimes, walls put up by publishers, by family, by other people who think they are better than us. Some are. Some just wish they were.

Being a writer, adversity is a daily occurance. Rejection letters by agents and publishers. Critiques by friends or family. Yet another edit or rewrite of a novel or short story we thought was "as good as it gets." In the face of adversity, we shed a few tears, find our happy place, steel our resolve and fight. We do that next rewrite or take a second look at that query letter or synopsis and make sure we are doing the best we can.

In my other life, away from the keyboard, I am now a martial artist (3 whole weeks into training!) I have recently looked into the Face of adversity and come away with a stronger resolve. The knowledge that I will be the best I can be. That renewed strength -- mostly of character and drive -- will affect my writing, affect how I live my life, affect how I see the world.

I am writer. Hear me roar...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/