Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy New Year!

Christmas is over, the New Year has begun and the decorations are on their way back to storage for another eleven months. It's nearly time to settle back into routine and take control of the things I want to accomplish this year.
I am looking forward to working on my newest novel and returning it to my agent over the next couple of weeks.
I plan to grade for my next belt in karate early this year. Green to Blue! My sensei (and boss!) even gave me a new uniform for Christmas! Talk about incentive.
I am doing research to get my current e-book into print.
I want to get my eating and exercise habits back on track.
Those are only the goals for the first few months. There are so many other things I want to do this year!

The other night, I watched Eat, Pray, Love. Wow. I love Julia Roberts! I also loved some of the messages the story offered: to relax and enjoy the food we eat and keep a sense of awe, to allow ourselves to become unnerved from time to time in order to live life to the fullest, to take a chance.

Wonderful couple of get-togethers with some great friends lately. One thing lacking in my life lately is spending time with girlfriends. Certainly have done that this past week. Last night in particular was a blast! Lots of wine spritzers, lots of food and lots of laughter. Sure, we hung out with our husbands too, but connecting with two wonderful ladies lifted my spirits more than anything! One of the families owns a cottage near a beach so we made plans to get together again and have even more laughs. Just us girls. I can't wait!

Slowing down over the holidays has allowed me to sit back and take stock of how crazy my life was becoming. How disconnected I was not only from others but from myself. 2013 was a busy, crazy, roller coaster year. While it's hard to slow life down and change the challenges life throws at me, I can change the way I deal with things.
Yes, it sounds like the same old resolutions: eat better, drink less, exercise more, etc.  So far, I'm Day 3 without coffee. I'm Day 2 into exercising. Day 4 into looking for the joy and happiness wherever I find them.

What expectations have you set for yourself for 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/