Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Three Steps Forward

A few weeks ago I did something I'd always wanted to do, but kept putting off.
I got a tattoo.
Sounds normal enough, right? Considering I've written about a tattoo artist in The Mystery Lady as well as The Bakery Lady, you'd think this would be something I'd done before. By the way, there is also a tattoo artist in Life is Better Brunette.
Nope.
Okay, so here was my design that I doodled and toyed with for a long time...


I kept it in my desk drawer, on my bulletin board, wherever. I just kept putting off actually getting inked.
Chicken? Maybe.
Selective about who I let stick needles in my ankle? Kind of.
Anyway, I ended up with an appointment at a local shop called Citrus City with some guy named Matt. I went for the consultation, which was a bit of a blur since he was very busy at the time. No problem.

When I returned that Thursday, Matt (still one very busy guy!) whipped up this amazing sketch and turned out to be fun to hang out with for the next hour. In the end, I had this beautiful tattoo and a new friend. I even told him about my morbid fascination with writing about tattoo artists and plan to drop one of my books off for him later this week. 


A friend asked me what my tattoo means to me.
The yin/yang symbol represents wholeness. I've been broken long enough.
The lotus is a symbol of perseverance. The real flower grows out of muddy water and blooms wide and open with its face to the sun. 
The lotus cradles the wholeness with love.

It's taken me a long time to reach the point where I feel like the ME I used to be.
It's a good place to be.

Namaste!

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape With a Writer Has MOVED!

  You can find all of the latest and greatest releases, interviews, and books at: https://escapewithawriter.wordpress.com/